Thursday 11 January 2018

Thursday - 15km (+ 2 x 200m, 3 x 100m)

Like yesterday, I felt really good again. Actually, arguably better, as I felt that I had that spring in my step that had seemed to have left me along with the cooler weather. Another nice 19 degrees start, although no wind today. Yes, it was still quite humid, but much less noticeable than that experienced over the past month or so. Up to North Head this morning, not seeing anyone I know along the way. I managed to leave quite late this morning, so completely missed the mass of B&B swimmers entering and exiting the water on both passes of Manly LSC. Got back home in a very swift 54:53 (3:39’s), first time under 55 for the North Head loop in a very long time. Finished off with some sprints in the bike lane just north of North Steyne SLSC. I forgot how far 200m was to sprint. On the plus side, it did make the 100’s feel very short and quick. I bumped into Kelly halfway through these, so stopped and had a chat for about 5-10 minutes, ensuring that I was fully recovered during these efforts. Was keen to go for a swim, but just read the ocean reports that recommend avoiding the ocean due to stormwater run-off. That’s enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment