Saturday 23 September 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

Out for my traditional Saturday morning run, feeling slightly bad for avoiding Barts' Tunks Park hills session (I'm still not keen to resume any formal speedwork, as I am really enjoying what I am currently doing). As always, I felt flat when the alarm went off. But once I started running I felt half decent. Without any realtime feedback, I would have thought I was going slightly faster this week on the road sections, but perhaps more conservative (especially on the downhill sections) on the trails. Everyman and his dog (yes, literally dogs) were out on the trails this morning. I wasn't sure whether dogs were allowed on the trail or not - regardless, it's not the sharpest idea in the world to walk a dog (or dogs, as in a few cases) on a narrow trail, especially when you are wearing headphones. Oh well, at least I didn't get told off by anyone today, which is always a nice bonus. Pushed the pace a bit from Forty Baskets back home, but as always kept it under control (except for perhaps the final kilometer). Very surprised to get back in 87:21, more than a whole minute quicker than last week (4:21's, although the GPS read it 100m shorter than last week)! And it was actually tough out there in that heat (I even ran shirtless for the first time since summer, which is probably why the crowds were out this morning)! Such a great run, and the perfect way to start what is supposed to be a hot weekend (although it's currently overcast, which often happens when they talk it up like that)! Still too cold for the ocean though!

No comments:

Post a Comment