Sunday 24 September 2017

Sunday - 30km

The worst possible conditions for a long run today - 28 degrees and hot and windy! I knew it would be tough, so tried to back the pace off. The forecast was for north-westerly winds, so I had planned for a headwind on the way up - visualising a nice tailwind on the way home. It was the opposite, and I was only aware of this once I turned around at Rat Park. That would explain why I was averaging 3:52’s at the 15km mark. The second half was brutal, and my mission was to simply get home in one piece. I just had to get to Mt Dee Why, and then everything would be fine. Finally got there, and didn’t even push the final 4.5km, which is normally easy to do as it is all pretty much downhill. Just held around 4:00 min/km pace, as that was enough in this heat. In the end, quicker than I had anticipated, finishing the 30km in 1:58:11, holding 3:56’s (just under two minutes quicker than last week). Pretty knackered now though. I don’t care how cold the water was two weeks ago, I’m jumping in now!

No comments:

Post a Comment