Wednesday 20 September 2017

Wednesday - 15km

I've got no idea where that came from this morning! Comparing yesterday to today was like chalk and cheese. I felt amazing this morning (well, not according to my HRV reading that I take each morning before getting out of bed, which said that I needed an easy day today). Wednesday means the flatter Shelly-Fairlight loop. Apart from dodging a few stray dogs who's owners were too busy in their own world, it was a pretty unadventurous run. But like I said, it felt amazing! I felt that I could push the pace (in terms of speed), but the perceived effort was absolutely fine. I wish it was this way everyday (although to be fair, I'm having these days more often than not over the past month, which makes me think that one or more of the major changes I have recently made was previously a culprit behind my 15 months of subpar performance and fatigue). The clock agreed with me, finishing the 15km in 54:42 (again, not that it is important, but a whole 27 seconds quicker than my previous fastest set two days ago), averaging 3:37's (again, I think this is slightly generous with the GPS overreading the distance by 100m - or alternatively, it is now correct and was previously underreading it)? Nevertheless, I felt great and really enjoyed it - which is what matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment