Wednesday 13 September 2017

Wednesday - 15km

That was like running in a furnace this morning! Already 21 degrees, which isn't too bad in the middle of summer once we have all had some time to acclimatise, it was already twice the temperature that I've become accustomed to over the winter months. The heat is one thing, on the other hand was the north westerly wind. There was nowhere to hide. I actually considered to stay along the beachfront to minimise the hills and stay by the ocean. To my surprise, running to Fairlight was the better choice - despite the hills, it's in the shade the whole way. Back to the run, I kept my same standard intensity, backing off quite a few times due to the heat (I've pushed too hard in the heat before only to regret it later on). Still a fast-ish run in the end though, finishing the 15km in 55:45, holding 3:42's. In fact, that probably would have been my fastest run yet if it were not for the heat (not that I'm trying to race myself - I've got to prevent myself falling back to that dangerous mindset)! Now I'm debating whether or not to jump into the ocean?

No comments:

Post a Comment