Thursday 7 September 2017

Thursday - 15km

I really felt it this morning! I could have kept sleeping for many more hours this morning when the alarm went off. My main motivator was knowing tomorrow is a rest day. Got out and the first kilometer or two felt fine, then after this I felt I was slowing down. So I just tried to keep the intensity manageable without crossing the redline. I even toiled with the idea of forgoing North Head in an effort to limit the elevation, but then remembered that my runs nowadays need to be at an enjoyable intentpsity and effort. I honestly thought I was running around 4:00 min/km pace, so I was surprised to get home in 56:25, holding 3:45's - only marginally slower than Tuesday (which felt fantastic). So very pleased with that, and even more so a sleep in tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment