Thursday 21 September 2017

Thursday - 15km

Thursday is always a struggle, and today was no different. I knew as soon as my alarm went off that today was simply going to be a matter of going through the motions, paying for yesterday's run (which I don't regret one bit). Got out and did the North Head loop. As always, the hills felt tough. Intensity-wise I was working at what I felt was my usual effort, but it just felt slow. Didn't look at my watch, knowing that it would have been bad news, and a 'kick in the guts.' Just simply ran, keeping it solid but controlled, counting down each kilometer (from the first kilometer)! So to get back in 55:34 (only 2 seconds slower than my best for this run) was a massive shock (3:41's). I have no idea where that came from, but I'll happily take it. Perhaps I wasn't feeling so bad after all! Another beautiful morning out there - apart from some light smoke (backburning again?) or smog? Really looking forward to a rest day tomorrow, before doing it all again on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment