Tuesday 19 September 2017

Tuesday - 15km

Finally, the past three days of amazing runs have caught up with me. How I felt today was how I was supposed to feel yesterday - tired and somewhat sorry for myself. For some reason though, yesterday never happened (which is a good thing). Ran to North Head on this warm and windy morning. I didn't have the fre bouncing feeling that I have been experiencing lately, and felt that I was working harder than usual. The first 9km were tougher, then after this I felt as if I warmed up (probably helps that the final 6km is predominantly downhill). I kept the pace firm but controlled at all times, repeating the mantra to 'relax' and 'keep it controlled.' Got back in 55:56, holding 3:43's. So not a bad time at all considering how I was feeling. I've got to ensure that I keep enjoying it, which at this stage I definitely am. I also need to continue to resist the urge to try and better my time each run - that is only a recipe for disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment