Wednesday 6 September 2017

Wednesday - 15km

Still feeling great, so I'm making the most of it (surely this can't last forever - although I won't be complaining if it does)! It was the Shelly-Fairlight loop this morning, and I in all honesty pushed it slightly more today - although I ensured that every time I could hear my breathing become laboured I'd back it off. 15km in 3:41's! I'm actually not that far off tempo pace (that is, my super fit tempo pace, so given my current condition it probably is tempo pace). I don't know what it is at the moment? The only changes I've made is that I have stopped doing specific speedwork and sessions, I've increased my intake of vegetables (I already ate heaps previously, but I'm eating even more now - and less meat), and I've gone back on doing weights again after an 11 year lay-off. It's probably a combination off all three, but the most important thing is that I am enjoying running again! And despite what the recent trend may look like, I'm not trying to race myself and run PB's each morning (the fact that it is happening at the moment is more or less unintentional).

No comments:

Post a Comment