Saturday 30 September 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

As is always the case, I wake up yesterday (Friday, my rest day) at 6:05am, wide awake and ready to start the day full of energy! Then today, I am woken up from a comatose, in absolutely no state to get out of bed - let alone run 20km! I forced myself out, and after much procrastination I was off. I didn’t feel it at all today, simply going through the motions (once again) with the goal of simply getting it done. Effortwise it felt normal, just the pace felt slower. Apart from one group of six middle/elderly aged walkers taking up the whole track (and getting told off despite yelling out “excuse me” ten times before reaching them), everyone else was extremely courteous and friendly. A smile and a “good morning” isn’t too hard to ask from some people is it? As usual, the 20km actually feels shorter than my daily 15km in the road, something about the trails ensures that you loose concept of time (this is a good thing)! Pushed it from Forty Baskets (but in control, not red-lining) back home for the final 4km on the road. I was pleasantly surprised to get back in a new PB of 86:48 (4:19’s), 33 seconds quicker than last week - a time that I really didn’t think I would get under for a long time. So as usual, I’ll take it happily. Despite the cloud cover, it was pretty much perfect conditions out there with barely any wind, low tide (which helps at Forty Baskets) and not hot or cold. Now to enjoy the long weekend (and to avoid the crowds at the Jazz Festival)! And of course the biggest weekend in terms of Australian Sports - the Malaysian Grand Prix!

No comments:

Post a Comment