Sunday 3 September 2017

Sunday - 28km

I was on pacing duties today for Erika for her 28km tempo run in the lead up to the Berlin marathon in three weeks time. I picked up Scott on the way to Rozelle where there was quite a decent group including Hoey, Darren, Fats, Jeet, Warren, and a few girls who I didn't know. The plan was to run four anticlockwise laps of the Bay Run (7km each) in 4:10's. Great company, but to be honest - four laps was boring as hell after the first lap! I had to visualise where I would be on my normal local long run to make it more bearable. The pace was also slightly awkward - because I've been running mostly 3:50-ish for the past week and a bit, the 4:10's felt strange. Slower, but I would have been more comfortable running perhaps ten seconds per kilometer faster. Nevertheless, we all got through it - finishing slightly faster in 4:08's. The traffic coming home was slightly worse than usual with everyone out for Father's Day - thank god I don't have to drive again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment